Community Speed Watch are looking for 1 or 2 part-time Press Office volunteers. The position is based at home and will have a three month probation period. They envisage that you develop a communication strategy with the core CSW admin team, and follow up with regular features about the organisation and the many local affiliated groups. They aim to establish a front news page on our website, however it is equally – if not more important to get our stories disseminated as broadly as possible.
The role will include:
- Build relationships with local and regional News Papers and Broadcasting Companies (Radio, TV, Web)
- Research and write features about the broad range of affiliated CSW groups’ activity spread across Sussex (and Surrey in the not too distant future)
- Convey messages from – and on behalf of the CSW Online organisation
- Act as First Point of call with regard to statements or official viewpoints requested by journalists or broadcasters
- Obtain and categorise relevant user-generated photo material and secure the rights to use such material
- Evaluate news stories about CSW in other parts of the UK with the view to repost or further investigate appropriate/relevant news worthy angles
- Maintain the non-automates stream of messages posted on the organisations Twitter and Facebook accounts.